The Exclude IPs feature allows you to get very specific about which individual visitors will NOT see your Nuggets. It's designed especially for marketing agencies, webmasters, site managers, or fixed networks sharing an IP - anyone who is visiting your site repeatedly in order to maintain it or edit its content for example.
For instance, if you are a marketing manager at an agency who visits your clients' websites multiple times daily, you can exclude your IP address from the Segment to avoid seeing the Nuggets every single time you visit the site. This keeps your focus on managing the website as well as makes sure the data reported by 40Nuggets accurately reflects real engagement and conversions by website visitors.
To use the Exclude IP feature:
- In the sidebar menu on the right, open the Segments tab.
- Click Add Segment in the upper right hand corner, or click Edit to modify an existing one.
- This will open a window with all of the different Segment options.
- From the menu on the left, choose Advanced.
- Enter the IP addresses you wish to exclude. .
- Remember to name your Segment, something that will help you remember its function, then click SAVE.