If you are targeting visitors from the United States, you can specifically target by estimated median income, median home value, and presence or absence of children in the home. You can infer interests of your target visitor base and customize your communication with them based on demographic information.
To target a Segment by U.S. demographics:
- In the sidebar menu on the right, open the Segments tab.
- Click Add Segment in the upper right hand corner, or click Edit to modify an existing one.
- This will open a window with all of the different Segment options.
- From the menu on the left, choose Demographics.
- Scroll down to the U.S. Demographics section. Select which ones you would like to target, and set values for each one: median household income, median home value, and children.
- Name your Segment something that will help you remember who you are targeting, and click Save.