Targeting your audience by location (or, Geo-targeting) allows you to tailor your campaign to reach visitors by country and, in the USA, by States as well.
Why is this useful?
Here are a few ways:
- Targeting by territory: If you're a seller that is focused in a particular region or State, you can make sure your campaigns are focused on the population of your website visitors from that region.
- Targeted discounts: You can offer shipping discounts to regions where it might make the difference in the buying decision.
- Targeted Announcements: You can make locally relevant sales or events announcements to people based around your business or store.
To target audiences by location:
- In the sidebar menu on the right, open the Segments tab.
- Click Add Segment in the upper right hand corner, or click Edit to modify an existing one.
- This will open a window with all of the different Segment options.
- Choose Demographics from the menu on the left.
- Choose whether to include or exclude a country or U.S. state to target.
- Remember to name your Segment, something that will help you remember its function, then click Save.