40Nuggets allows you to target by Custom Traffic Sources so that you make sure you can close the loop, track visitors and conversions all the way through, and understand what channels are giving you the best ROI.
The following Custom Traffic sources can be targeted by 40Nuggets:
Direct Traffic: All those people showing up to your website by typing in the URL of your Web site or from a bookmark.
Social Media: All those who finds your site via a link on a social network. This could include someone tweeting out a link, or it could include you posting a link to your Facebook page. Remember that social media as a source could include more than just Facebook and Twitter, too. There are sites like StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious, Squidoo, even HootSuite that might be bucketed under here (which is why you should also specify the exact link using the INCLUDE feature).
To target by custom traffic sources:
- In the sidebar menu on the right, open the Segments tab.
- Click Add Segment in the upper right hand corner, or click Edit to modify an existing one.
- This will open a window with all of the different Segment options.
- Choose Traffic Source from the menu on the left.
- Select Custom Traffic Source. This will open a list of custom traffic sources.
- Select the traffic sources you would like to target in your Segment, then name your Segment something that will remind you of its function, and click Save.